Saturday, 10 March 2012

Leading and Learning on Education in the 21st century

I have been a principal for just about a year now.  In that time, I have learned a great deal.  I am certainly learning every day!  During the past year, I have focused on trying to be a good communicator.  I have also tried to soak up as much information as I could about any topic relating to education.

Twitter has become a very good friend!



I have also blogged to my staff almost every day and I have kept up a steady communication with our parents especially through Facebook.

What has been missing is a place where I can record some of my thinking on what it means to lead and especially to learn in a 21st century school.  I want a space where there can be a conversation on what is most meaningful and important right now.

This may be a conversation with multiple authors too.  My wife is a terrific grade 7 teacher who has a great deal to say about what it is like to be a teacher in a lower income neighbourhood in our community.  She has certainly guided me through a year teaching grade 6 language arts last year - a real adventure in itself!

We will see how this goes.  I hope this new blog will be helpful to some educators out there - I know it will be great to get some ideas down here!

No comments:

Post a Comment