Tuesday, 13 March 2012

iPad implementation at our school

I am coming up to my first year at my school. One of the projects I have been working on since I arrived is the implementation of iPads. I think after a year, I have to say it is OK to reflect on where we are. We are now at ten iPads. We have a staff of twelve, so I plan to make sure all the staff have one by the end if the year.

Not too ambitious, however the acquisition of technology is not the big thing.

The big challenge is getting everybody on board technically. This is exciting new stuff, but everyone feels a different level of comfort with using it. I know already that I have not invested enough money and time into training our teachers on how to use the iPad.

Some people are very comfortable with downloading apps and searching for cool resources to use in the classroom. Others need help opening their own account. I realize now that the human element in all of this is the key.

In the next post, I will go over the training we have already provided and will look to what we need to do to make sure we can really make the iPad a useful tool in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment